There’s a whole lot more to application security than what you see on the OWASP Top 10. Vulnerabilities in code and deployment are only one part of the puzzle: Some of the most advanced AppSec techniques are employed in securing ‘secrets’, or highly sensitive user data.
Secrets management employs a wide range of modern techniques and technologies, including cryptography, hashing, and privilege. In these courses on Advanced Application Security, we’ll be taking you on a deep-dive of secrets management and encryption.
Our Advanced Application Security courses are designed not just for learning about application security, but also being used as a reference guide for when you’re working on real-world projects that require cryptography and secrets management.
This Learning Path is for those who have completed the Application Security Essentials Learning Path and want to dive deeper into more technologically sophisticated and complex domains of security.
Once you’ve completed this Learning Path, you’ll be able to:
- Have a firm grasp on the advanced application security techniques, strategies, and technologies centered around Cryptography, Encryption, Secrets Management, and Server-Side Request Forgery
- Understand the difference between an effective and ineffective secrets management by examining real-life security incidents
- Manage secrets using Hashicorp Vault, encryption, ciphers and more
- Protect highly sensitive/classified data like passwords, users’ personal data, etc. using the most advanced real-world strategies
Who is the Advanced Application Security Learning Path for?
- Anyone interested in application security or cryptography
- Developers who want to manage secrets
- Application security engineers
Complete this Learning Path and become certified in Advanced Application Security, Cryptography and Secrets Management.